The way we supply and use energy in Australia is changing. To understand these changes, to plan for Australia’s energy future, and to make sound policy and investment decisions, we need timely, accurate, comprehensive and readily accessible energy data.
The Department of Climate Change, Energy, the Environment and Water is responsible for compiling and publishing Australia’s official energy statistics and balances.
- Australian Energy Statistics
- Australian Petroleum Statistics
- Mandatory reporting of petroleum statistics
The department also publishes other energy data, including data on the Energy Rating program.
- Data for household appliances (labelled)
- Data for household appliances (non-labelled)
- Energy datasets
A significant amount of government data is open and can be easily accessed and shared through www.data.gov.au. Over 7000 data sets have been published since 2013.
Other extensive energy-related data include:
- AREMI spatial data platform for the Australian energy industry
- Australian Energy Resources Assessment (AERA)
- Australian Renewable Energy Agency (ARENA) Knowledge Bank
- Clean Energy Regulator Data and Information
- Electricity Sector Climate Information project
- National Energy Analytics Research program