In this section you'll find information about how to save energy, reduce your bills and make your home more comfortable. You can also find out about the support available from Australian, state and territory governments to take action to manage energy use and costs.
Learn more about energy prices and your electricity and gas bills
- What causes changes in electricity prices
- Understand your energy bill
- Your rights as an energy customer
- What to do if you can‘t pay your bill
Start to make practical changes to reduce your energy bills
- How to reduce your energy bill
- Ways to reduce your energy bill now that won’t cost a thing
- 20 ways to save energy
- How to choose an energy-efficient appliance
More information about your potential to reduce your energy bills
Australian Government activities
The government is taking a broad range of actions to make energy more affordable, by holding energy retailers to account and to ensure the energy market is operating in a transparent, reliable and fair manner. You can read more about government actions under Govenment priorities including energy retailer commitments to:
- Empower consumers and address barriers to switching
- Improve consumer information to inform better decision-making
- Ensure vulnerable consumers are adequately protected.
You can also find out more about how the energy market operates, energy efficiency standards for appliances and buildings, work with international bodies, news stories and more.