If you are having trouble paying your electricity and gas bills:
- talk to your retailer - their number is on your bill
- ask about hardship support if you can’t pay your bill on time
- ask to go on a payment plan, to pay over a longer time or make small regular payments
- stay on the plan to protect yourself from disconnection, interest payments and late fees
- ask if there are government concessions or rebates to help you at home or at work.
For more information on saving energy and money at home see: https://www.energy.gov.au/households/translations