Rebates and assistance


Underground electricity connection charge rebate

Program name:
Underground Electricity Connection Charge rebate - WA


A concession is available for pensioners or seniors in WA as either a rebate on, or the deferment of, the Underground Electricity Connection Charge.

Key eligibility

To be eligible for the rebate you must:

  • on 1 July of the current financial year, own and occupy the property as your ordinary place of residence
  • have one or more of the following cards:
    • Pensioner Concession Card or State Concession Card (up to 50% rebate, may be entitled to deferment)
    • WA Seniors Card and a Commonwealth Seniors Health Card (up to 50% rebate, may be entitled to deferment)
    • WA Seniors Card (up to 25% capped rebate, no deferment available)

Partial concessions are available to pensioners and seniors who own and occupy their property at 1 July and become eligible during that financial year.

Next steps

There is a joint application form available for the Underground Electricity Connection Charge, Water Corporation Annual Charges, Local Government Rates and Emergency Services Levy rebates.

To get an application form do one of the following:

  • go to the Water Corporation website
  • phone Water Corporation on 1300 659 951
  • contact your Local Council.

For more information, go to the ConcessionsWA website.