Rebates and assistance


Non-mains electricity concession

Program name:
Non-mains electricity concession


Eligible concession card holders who source non-mains energy for their heating, cooking and hot water can apply for a concession to help cover their yearly energy costs.

The concession applies to these non-mains sources of energy:

  • liquefied petroleum gas (LPG)
  • firewood for domestic heating, cooking or hot water
  • heating oil
  • electricity accessed via an embedded network
  • generator fuel.

The concession is paid annually based on the amount paid for each energy type in that year.

Key eligibility

To be eligible for the concession, the electricity account holder must have one of the following:

  • Pensioner Concession Card
  • Health Care Card
  • Veterans’ Affairs Gold Card.

Other conditions may apply.

Next steps

Application forms are available by phoning the Victorian Government Concessions information line on 1800 658 521 (toll free). Forms may also be available from LPG suppliers, local councils and caravan park proprietors.

Applications for each year close on 31 December of the following year.

For more information, go to the Victorian Department of Health and Human Services website.