The Medical Cooling and Heating Electricity Concession Scheme helps with electricity costs for people who have certain chronic medical conditions.
To be eligible under the scheme you must:
- be a Queensland resident
- live at your principal place of residence which has an air-conditioning or heating unit
- have a qualifying medical condition and need cooling or heating to stop your symptoms becoming significantly worse. Qualifying medical conditions include:
- multiple sclerosis
- autonomic system dysfunction
- loss of skin integrity or sweating capacity
- severe compromise of functioning such as mobility at extremes of environmental temperature
- hypersensitivity to extremes of environmental temperature leading to increased pain or other discomfort or an increased risk of complications.
The applicant and/or legal guardian of a minor with a qualifying medical condition must:
- hold a current Pensioner Concession Card or a current Health Care Card
- be financially responsible for paying the electricity bill.
Eligibility is reviewed every 2 years. Other conditions may apply.
Administered by: Queensland Government
Phone: 13 74 68