The ACT Government Home Energy Action Kit is available from libraries to assist ACT residents perform a home energy self-assessment and develop their own home energy action plans.
Each kit contains:
- a power meter to measure your energy consumption and tell you the running costs of your appliances
- an infrared thermometer to measure your fridge, freezer and hot water temperatures
- a compass to work out the orientation of your home for identifying passive solar heating and cooling opportunities
- a stopwatch to measure your shower and tap flow rates
- instructions on using the equipment and worksheets to calculate your home energy efficiency
- a Home Energy Action Plan to record the actions you can take to save energy and reduce your energy bills
All ACT residents - homeowners, renters and landlords - who are members of the ACT Public Library service can borrow a Home Energy Action Kit to develop their own Home Energy Action Plan.
Request the Home Energy Action Kit at any branch of the ACT Public Library.