Funded by the ACT Government and delivered by the St Vincent de Paul Society, this program gives people in lower-income households practical ways to reduce their energy and water bills. This helps make their home more sustainable to cope with the effects of climate change.
Energy efficiency assessors can visit participants’ homes to help them find ways to:
- reduce their energy and water use
- save money
- improve the comfort of their home.
Participants can get an information kit with energy-saving tips and help with draught-proofing their homes.
You can take part in the program if you meet the National Rental Affordability Scheme (NRAS) income limits, or if you hold a:
- Centrelink Pensioner Concession Card
- Low Income Health Care Card
- Veterans' Affairs Pensioner Concession Card.
Administered by: St Vincent de Paul
Website: Home Energy Efficiency Program
Phone: (02) 6234 7408