Rebates and assistance


Energy Concession Extension Scheme


The Energy Concession Extension Scheme (ECES) provides an annual payment to assist eligible concession card holders with electricity costs.

The scheme consists of:


You may be eligible for a concession if you:

  • receive electricity charges direct from a retailer other than Synergy or Horizon Power (e.g. from retailers such as Perth Energy or Alinta Sales)
  • live in one of the following accommodation types:
    • retirement village
    • apartment building
    • caravan park (as a long-stay resident)
    • another type of accommodation where the electricity costs are recouped from the tenants by the owner who is billed directly by Synergy or Horizon Power on behalf of the residential complex.

If you are directly billed by Synergy or Horizon Power, please contact that retailer to discuss your eligibility.

Other conditions may apply.


Administered by: Government of Western Australia

Website: Energy Concession Extension Scheme

Phone: (08) 9262 1486 or 1300 368 364