Rebates and assistance


Energy bill concessions


Eligible South Australians on low or fixed incomes can apply for household concessions to help with the cost of energy bills for their principal place of residence.

You could also receive:


To be eligible for the energy concession you must:

  • live at the property
  • have an energy account in your name and be listed first on your energy bill
  • hold an eligible concession card or receive an eligible Centrelink payment
  • not be living with anyone who has an income of more than $3,000 per year, unless they either:
    • get an allowance from Centrelink or the Department of Veterans' Affairs (DVA)
    • are your spouse, domestic partner or dependent.

Other conditions may apply.


Administered by: Government of South Australia

Website: Energy bill concessions

Phone: 1800 307 758