Rebates and assistance


Electricity concessions


Members of the Northern Territory (NT) Concession Scheme can claim a concession on household electricity costs for their main place of residence. This excludes any household used for business or commercial purposes.

You must make your claim within:

  • 6 months of incurring the cost or
  • the financial year - whichever is greater.

You can get up to $1,200 per year for electricity (8000 kW). Only one member per household can access electricity concessions.


Jacana Energy and Power and Water Corporation customers will be eligible to apply for the electricity concession if they are:

  • a member of the NT Concession Scheme
  • the primary account holder or financially responsible for the account.

Members using pre-paid electricity meters can get a concession if they are the owner or primary tenant and pre-pay their electricity using one of the following:

  • tokens
  • e-meter
  • secure meter.

Members living in a registered caravan park can get an electricity concession if they:

  • receive an electricity bill
  • purchase private electricity tokens.

Other conditions may apply.


Administered by: Northern Territory Government

WebsiteNT Concession Scheme

Phone: 1800 777 704