Queensland pensioners and seniors may be eligible for:
- the Electricity Rebate—$372.20 per year
- the Reticulated Natural Gas Rebate—$86.75 per year.
Rebates are available to people who have any of the below:
- Queensland Seniors Card
- Services Australia Pensioner Concession Card
- Services Australia Health Care Card* (Electricity Rebate only)
- Department of Veterans’ Affairs Gold Card (and receive the War Widow/er Pension or special rate TPI Pension)
- Asylum seeker status—residents will need to provide their ImmiCard details (Electricity Rebate only).
* This includes holders of a Low Income Health Care Card and Ex-Carer Allowance (Child) Health Care Card.
Other conditions may apply.
To apply for the electricity and gas rebates, contact your electricity or gas retailer.
If you live in an apartment complex, residential park, retirement village or a granny flat, contact the person/organisation sending your electricity bill.
Administered by: Queensland Government
Phone: 13 74 68