The Container Deposit Scheme enables people in South Australia to take eligible beverage containers to return points and receive a 10 cent refund for each container. You can choose to keep your refund or donate it to charity.
There are many convenient container return sites across South Australia.
- reduce waste going to landfill
- reduce energy use and greenhouse gas emissions when the containers are recycled into products
- reduce litter
- donate money to charity or keep the refund
Beverages containers of less than 1L that have a 10 cent deposit are:
- flavoured milk
- fruit juice.
Beverage containers up to and including 3L that have a 10 cent deposit are:
- water - plain, still or carbonated
- carbonated soft drinks
- non-carbonated soft drinks including:
- vitamin drinks
- sport drinks
- iced teas
- alcoholic cider
- flavoured alcoholic beverages with a wine or spirit base
It is illegal to return beverage containers sold outside of South Australia for a refund.
Other conditions may apply.
Find our more at:
Government of South Australia website