The Container Deposit Scheme enables people in the Northern Territory to take eligible beverage containers to return points and receive a 10 cent refund for each container. You can choose to keep your refund or donate it to charity.
There are many convenient container return sites across the Northern Territory.
- Reduce litter and waste going to landfill
- Reduce energy use
- Reduce greenhouse gas emissions
- Donate money to charity or keep the refund
All approved containers will have one of the following approved 10 cent refund markings on the label:
- 10 cent refund at collection depots/points
- 10 cent refund at South Australia and Northern Territory collection depots
- 10 cent refund at collection depots when sold in the Northern Territory
Other conditions may apply.
Find container return sites at:
Northern Territory Government website