The Container Deposit Scheme enables people in the Northern Territory to take eligible beverage containers to return points and receive a 10 cent refund for each container. You can choose to keep your refund or donate it to charity.
There are many convenient container return sites across the Northern Territory.
- reduce waste going to landfill
- reduce energy use and greenhouse gas emissions when the containers are recycled into products
- reduce litter
- donate money to charity or keep the refund
All approved containers will have 1 of the following approved 10 cents refund markings on the label:
- 10c refund at collection depots/points in participating State/Territory of purchase
- 10c refund at SA/NT collection depots in State/Territory of purchase
- 10c refund at collection depots when sold in NT
Other conditions may apply.
Find container return sites at:
Northern Territory Government website