The Bin Trim Rebates program assists eligible New South Wales businesses (including facility managers and recyclers) with rebates of between $1000 and $50,000 covering up to 50% of the cost of buying recycling equipment.
- glass crushing machines
- commercial worm farms
- expanded polystyrene (EPS) compaction equipment
- recycling bins and bin equipment
- public place recycling bins if the material is collected under a commercial and industrial contract
- other (check with your assessor)
You will need to contact a Bin Trim assessor to get a free waste assessment. The Bin Trim assessor can determine whether your business is eligible for a rebate based on the contents of your waste bin.
- increase recycling of materials
- reduce waste going to landfill
- reduce energy use
- reduce greenhouse gas emissions
To be eligible for the program your business must:
- operate in New South Wales
- be small to medium sized and have less than 400 full-time employees
- be the user of the equipment (except in the case of recyclers)
- agree to an independent audit to verify ongoing performance
Other conditions may apply.
Check your eligibility and apply at:
NSW Government website
Call: 131 555