The Bin Trim Rebates program assists eligible NSW businesses (including facility managers and recyclers) with rebates of between $1000 and $50,000 covering up to 50% of the cost of buying recycling equipment.
- glass crushing machines
- commercial worm farms
- expanded polystyrene (EPS) compaction equipment
- recycling bins and bin equipment
- public place recycling bins if the material is collected under a commercial and industrial contract
- other (check with your assessor).
You will need to contact a Bin Trim assessor to get a free waste assessment. The Bin Trim assessor can determine whether your business is eligible for a rebate based on the contents of your waste bin.
Businesses receiving the rebate can:
- increase recycling of materials
- reduce waste going to landfill
- reduce energy use
- reduce greenhouse gas emissions.
To be eligible for the program your business must:
- operate in NSW
- be small to medium-sized and have less than 400 full-time employees
- be the user of the equipment (except in the case of recyclers)
- agree to an independent audit to verify ongoing performance.
Other conditions may apply.
Check your eligibility and apply at the NSW Government website.
To find out more you can call 131 555 or email Bintrim.email@example.com.