The No Interest Loans Scheme (NILS) offers individuals and families on low incomes access to safe, fair and affordable loans for purchasing appliances and some other essential household expenses.
NILS is offered by more than 175 local community organisations in over 625 locations across Australia. To find your nearest loan provider go to the NILS website.
The NILS scheme offers:
- loans between $300 and $1,200 for essential goods and services including:
- washing machines
- electrical goods such as TVs and computers
- other essentials such as text books, furniture, car related expenses and dental and medical services
- no credit checks
- no fees, interest or charges
- repayments set at an affordable amount over 12 to 18 months
To be eligible for NILS you must:
- have a Health Care Card or earn less than $45,000 a year (after tax)
- have lived in your current residence for a minimum of three months
- have a willingness and capacity to repay the loan
A NILS loan is not a payday loan or a bank loan and cannot be used for cash, bond, rent arrears, debt consolidation, holidays or bills.
Other conditions may apply.
Check your eligibility and find a loan provider at:
Call 13 64 57