The Wood Heater Replacement Program provides an incentive for Australian Capital Territory residents to replace wood heaters or open fireplaces with an energy-efficient reverse cycle air-conditioner.
- reduce winter air pollution from wood smoke
- $1,000 to install a new ducted energy-efficent reverse cycle air-conditioner
- $500 to install a new reverse cycle split system (minimum 3 star rating)
- $500 to upgrade an existing older system with a new reverse cycle split system (minimum 3 star rating)
- $100 to remove and dispose of a wood heater or permanently disable an open fireplace
To be eligible for this rebate you must:
- be an ACT ratepayer and the property must be zoned as 'residential'
- be replacing a wood heater or an open fireplace with a new 3-star or higher rated reverse cycle air-conditioner
Only one rebate is available per property. Owners of rental properties may also apply.
Other conditions may apply.
Check your eligibility and apply at:
- ACT Government website
- call 13 22 81