The National Television and Computer Recycling Scheme provides households and small businesses with access to free recycling services for televisions and computers, including printers, computer parts and peripherals.
Under the scheme, more than 1,800 collection services have been made available to the public and 290,000 tonnes of TV and computer e-waste have been collected and recycled. This has diverted hazardous materials away from landfill and enabled the reuse of valuable resources contained in e-waste, with more than 90% of materials recovered each year.
The scheme aims to lift television and computer recycling rates from the low rate of around 17% in 2010 to 80% by 2021–22.
- free recycling service
- recycling of valuable materials for re-use
- reduce incidence of hazardous materials going to landfill
- services are available in all states and territories
- items must come from a household or a small business
- all brands and items of any age are accepted for free
More information is available at:
call 1800 332 783
Planet Ark website