The Solar Homes Program solar PV rebate assists eligible Victorian landlords and renters to install solar PV panels.
A rebate of up to $1,850 for eligible landlords to reduce the cost of installing a solar panel system on a maximum of 2 rental properties each financial year, subject to a Solar Homes Landlord-Tenant Agreement being signed.
Landlords can further reduce their upfront cost even further by applying for an interest-free loan to match the rebate amount.
Only one application is available per address. However, landlords can apply for up to 2 rental properties in a financial year provided all of the eligibility criteria are met.
reduce electricity bills
reduce greenhouse gas emissions
Victorian landlords are eligible to receive a rebate for their rental property if:
- their renters have a combined household income of under $180,000 per year (based on any of the last 2 year’s taxable income)
- the property is valued at under $3 million and does not already have solar PV panels installed
- there has been no prior participation in the Solar Homes program for that address
- a Solar Homes Landlord-Tenant Agreement is signed by the landlord and all renters
- the property is currently tenanted with a rental agreement in place
- to be eligible for an interest-free loan, you'll need to provide a satisfactory credit report that is less than 12 months old
- if you don't have a credit report it can be done for free through the Moneysmart website
Please be aware that a credit report can take up to 10 days to be supplied to you.
Other conditions may apply.
Check your eligibility and apply at:
Government of Victoria website
Call 1300 376 393