The Empowering Homes solar battery loan program provides interest-free loans to eligible NSW Hunter region residents to install solar PV and battery storage systems.
Different loan amounts are available depending on your circumstances:
- Up to $14,000 for installing a solar PV and battery storage system.
- Up to $9000 for retrofitting a storage battery to an existing solar PV system.
Note: The Empowering Homes solar battery loan offer is closing on 31 July 2022 at 11.59pm AEST. Eligible households can apply up until this date and time.
To qualify, you must:
- live in one of these postcodes in the Hunter region
- have a household income of no more than $180,000 per year
- own your grid-connected home, live in it and have the authority to install the system
- satisfy the loan criteria.
This offer does not include solar-only PV options. Businesses and participants in the Solar for Low Income Households trial are not eligible.
Other conditions may apply.
Check your eligibility at the NSW Government website.