The Empowering Homes Program provides interest-free loans to eligible New South Wales Hunter region residents to install solar PV and battery storage systems. Different loan amounts are available depending on your circumstances:
- up to $14,000 for installing a solar PV and battery storage system
- up to $9000 for retrofitting a storage battery to an existing solar PV system
- reduced greenhouse gas emissions
- lower electricity bills
To qualify, you must:
- live in one of these postcodes in the Hunter region
- have a household income of no more than $180,000 per annum
- own your grid-connected home, live in it and have the authority to install the system
- satisfy the loan criteria.
This offer does not include solar-only PV options. Businesses and participants in the Solar for Low Income Households trial are not eligible.
Other conditions may apply.
Check your eligibility at:
The NSW Government website