The ACT Government Solar for Low Income Households Program can help eligible Australian Capital Territory residents invest in rooftop solar PV panels to help reduce their energy costs.
The program offers:
- a rebate of up to 50% (capped at $2500) for the supply and installation of a rooftop solar system
- an interest free loan with ActewAGL to pay back the remaining costs over a 3 year period with no deposit.
To be eligible for this subsidy, you must:
- hold an Australian Government Pensioner Concession Card
- own and occupy a home in the ACT
- not already have roof top solar PV installed.
Other conditions may apply.
Check your eligibility and apply at the ACT Government website or call 13 22 81.