The Solar Homes Program is supporting eligible Victorian households to install a solar battery, by providing a point of sale discount up to a maximum of $4,174. The battery program targets designated postcodes with high solar PV penetration and population growth.
Interest-free loans are not available under the solar battery rebate.
reduce electricity bills
reduce greenhouse gas emissions
To be eligible for this rebate, you must meet all of the following criteria:
- the property is within a designated postcode and already has solar PV panels with a capacity equal to or greater than 5kW
- pre-approval is obtained from your Distributed Network Service Provider (DNSP) to safely connect a battery to the grid
- the energy storage solution is listed on Solar Victoria’s Approved Battery List and the property does not have an existing energy storage system
- you are the owner-occupier of the property where the system is to be installed
- the combined household taxable income of all owners is less than $180,000 a year (based on your Australian Tax Office Notice of Assessment)
- it is an existing property, valued at under $3 million based on the current council rates notice
- the property address has not previously taken part in the Solar Homes Program
- the owner/s agrees to receive information from their Distribution Network Service Provider about taking part in battery trials to maximise the value households get from them
- owner/s agree to receive a free safety inspection and/or audit under the Solar Victoria Audit Program, if selected.
Other conditions may apply.
Check your eligibility and apply at:
Government of Victoria website
Call 1300 376 393