Solar battery rebate
Solar Victoria is supporting eligible Victorian households to install a solar battery by providing a point-of-sale discount up to a maximum of $2,950 for eligible customers. An additional 1,700 rebates are now available.
To be eligible for this rebate, you must meet all of the following criteria:
- the property already has solar PV panels with a capacity equal to or greater than 5 kW or is arranging to have one installed in conjunction with the solar battery installation
- pre-approval is obtained from your Distributed Network Service Provider (DNSP) to safely connect a battery to the grid
- the energy storage solution is listed on Solar Victoria’s Approved Battery List and the property does not have an existing energy storage system
- you are the owner-occupier of the property where the system is to be installed
- the combined household taxable income of all owners is less than $180,000 a year (based on your Australian Tax Office Notice of Assessment)
- it is an existing property, valued at under $3 million based on the current council rates notice
- you have not already received a rebate as an owner-occupier under the Solar Homes Program
- the property address has not previously taken part in the Solar Homes Program
- the owner/s agrees to receive information from their Distribution Network Service Provider about taking part in battery trials to maximise the value households get from them.
Other conditions may apply.
Review the list of eligible postcodes (PDF 45KB).
Administered by: Victorian Government
Website: Solar battery rebate
Phone: 1300 376 393