The Solar Victoria interest-free battery loan has been designed to reduce the upfront cost of installing a battery, with repayments made over a 4-year period.
Loans of up to $8,800 are available in 2023-24.
To be able to apply for a loan you must meet the following criteria:
- you are the owner-occupier of an existing property where the system is to be installed
- the combined household taxable income of all owners is less than $210,000 per year
- the property is valued at under $3 million
- the property address has not previously received a solar battery rebate
- the property has a solar panel system with an inverter capacity equal to or greater than 5kW,or will have one installed in conjunction with the solar battery installation.
Other conditions may apply.
Review the list of eligible postcodes (PDF 45KB).
Administered by: Victorian Government
Phone: 1300 376 393