The Solar Hot Water rebates provides Victorian households with $1,000 to assist with the purchase of a solar or heat pump hot water system.
Not-for-profit community housing providers are also eligible to apply for the rebate on behalf of their tenants.
To be eligible for this incentive, you must:
- have a combined household income of less than $180,000 per annum before tax
- be an owner-occupier of a home valued at under $3 million
- be replacing an existing hot water system that is older than 3 years from the date of purchase
- have an eligible hot water system installed on or after 19 August 2018
- choose a product that is on the Clean Energy Regulator’s Register of solar water heaters
Households will only be eligible for one rebate under the Solar Homes package. You cannot have received a solar PV rebate or a battery rebate under the program.
Other conditions may apply.
Check your eligibility and apply at Victorian Government website.
To find out more you can also call 1300 376 393 or email firstname.lastname@example.org