The Solar Hot Water rebates provides Victorian households with $1000 to assist with the purchase of a solar or heat pump hot water system.
Not for profit community housing providers are also eligible to apply for the rebate on behalf of their tenants.
- reduce your energy use and reduce energy bills
- reduce your greenhouse gas emissions
To be eligible for this incentive, you must:
- have a combined household income of less than $180,000 per annum before tax
- be an owner-occupier of a home valued at under $3 million
- be replacing an existing hot water system
- have an eligible hot water system installed on or after 19 August 2018
- choose a product that is on the Clean Energy Regulator’s Register of solar water heaters
- engage an installer who can provide a statement that they have not received a WorkSafe infringement notice in the past 3 years.
Households will only be eligible for one rebate under the Solar Homes package, that is a household that accesses a solar hot water rebate cannot claim a solar PV rebate.
Other conditions may apply.
Check your eligibility and apply at:
State Government of Victoria website
Email enquiries [at] solar.vic.gov.au
Call 1300 363 744