The Waste Free Systems program is free and helps hair and beauty salon members to reuse, recycle and reduce waste going to landfill. Assistance includes:
- bins to separate in-salon waste - with unique artwork
- choosing one of the 4-bin series - and change every 6 months to keep things fresh
- a larger bin collected regularly from outside your salon
- training for all staff on the easy-to-use repurposing system
- marketing materials for promoting your salon.
Products collected and repurposed include:
- foil, canisters, tins, and more
- plastic bottles, tubs, bags, and other plastics
- paper, cardboard, packaging, and more
- chemicals such as colours, peroxide, perm solutions, and other liquids
- razors and other sharp implements
- food scraps, and other organic waste.
- improve sustainability in the business
- reduce waste going to landfill
- increase recycling of materials
- reduce environmental impact.
To be eligible for the Waste Free Systems program you need to be a member.
Other conditions may apply.
Check your eligibility and apply at the Waste Free Systems website or call 1300 731 404.