The Sustainable Finance for Energy Solutions scheme assists Victorian businesses take up a Power Purchase Agreement. This is where an energy provider installs renewable energy equipment on a business’ site. The business pays a pre-determined rate of electricity over time. Renewable energy equipment is often solar PV systems.
How it works:
- Find an energy service company (ESCO). A good place to start is the Energy Efficiency Council’s list of providers.
- The energy provider will buy, install, own and operate the renewable energy equipment on your site. They’ll sell the energy to you at a locked-in price. There may be times when you can’t use the renewable energy source and will instead use on-grid energy.
- At the end of the agreement, you may have the option to buy the equipment.
Always seek advice from your accountant and legal representative when entering into financial agreements.
- reduce energy use and energy bills
- reduce greenhouse gas emissions
- no upfront capital or security
The Power Purchase Agreement is suitable for businesses that:
- want to switch to renewable energy without owning or maintaining equipment
- don't own the property and have a long-term tenancy of their site
Check your eligibility:
Victorian Government website
Find a service provider.