Low income household rebate
The Low Income Household Rebate (LIHR) helps low income NSW households cover the costs of their energy bills.
Households receive the rebate as a credit on each quarterly energy bill, up to a total of $285 per year. The amount is calculated daily from the day you call your retailer and apply.
Households can only receive one LIHR each financial year.
The rebate is available for both retail and on supply customers.
You can apply for the LIHR if:
- you're a NSW resident
- you're an account holder of an energy retailer
- you hold one of the following:
- Pensioner Concession Card issued by the Department of Veterans' Affairs (DVA) or Services Australia
- Health Care Card issued by Services Australia
- DVA Gold Card marked with either 'War Widow' or 'War Widower Pension', or 'Totally and Permanently Incapacitated' (TPI) or 'Disability Pension' (EDA).
Other conditions may apply.
Administered by: NSW Government
Website: Low Income Household Rebate