Rebates and assistance


Life Support Equipment Subsidy


The Life Support Equipment Energy Subsidy is available to compensate eligible people for the electricity costs of operating life support equipment at home.


The patient must be dependent on specified life support equipment used in their home under specialist medical advice.

The applicant may be either:

  • the patient who requires the specified life support equipment for their own use 
  • the guardian or primary caregiver of a person who utilises the energy for life support equipment in their own home.

The patient or the guardian/primary caregiver must be the holder of a Pensioner Concession Card (issued by either Centrelink or the Department of Veterans’ Affairs), Health Care Card (not including the Commonwealth Seniors Health Card) or Health Care Interim Voucher.

RevenueWA will require the applicant’s authorisation to confirm the status of the concession card with Centrelink and the Department of Veterans’ Affairs.

If the applicant is a child or an adult who is unable to sign the application form due to age or disability, the guardian or primary caregiver may sign the form on their behalf as long as the reason for doing so is noted on the application form.

Other conditions may apply.


Administered by: Government of Western Australia

WebsiteLife Support Equipment Energy Subsidy

Phone: (08) 9262 1373 or 1300 368 364 (WA country landline calls)