Life support equipment subsidy
The Life Support Equipment Energy Subsidy is available to compensate eligible people for the electricity costs of operating life support equipment at home.
To be eligible for the subsidy:
- the patient must be dependent on specified life support equipment used in their homes under specialist medical advice
- the patient or the guardian/primary caregiver must be the holder of one of the following:
- Pensioner Concession Card (issued by either Centrelink or the Department of Veterans’ Affairs)
- Health Care Card (not including the Commonwealth Seniors Health Card)
- Health Care Interim Voucher.
Other conditions may apply.
Administered by: Government of Western Australia
Website: Life Support Equipment Energy Subsidy
Phone: (08) 9262 1373 or 1300 368 364 (WA country landline calls)