The Northern Territory Jobs Rescue and Recovery scheme helps homeowners, businesses and tradespeople deal with the economic impacts of COVID-19. The scheme will fast-track around 5000 ‘screwdriver-ready’ projects in Northern Territory homes.
The projects are improvements to land and/or buildings and include:
The scheme operates on a voucher system, with homeowners receiving either:
- a voucher worth $4000 if you contribute at least $1000
- a voucher worth $6000 if you contribute at least $2000.
You can use the voucher for improvements, repairs or maintenance works. Works include:
- installing or repairing an air-conditioning unit
- house painting
- pool repairs
- fencing repairs
- installing or repairing a reticulation system
- upgrading ceiling fans
- upgrading lighting
- installing a solar hot water system
- electrical work that improves energy efficiency.
Health and safety
You must practice physical distancing during the planning and delivery of your works. If either you or the service provider are unwell, in self-isolation or self-quarantine, stay in touch by phone until it is safe to meet in person.
Your voucher and registration can be cancelled at any time if you fail to follow the safety guidelines. You may also be referred to police.
For more information on staying safe, go to the coronavirus (COVID-19) website.
- House is maintained
- Reduce energy use and energy bills
- Reduce greenhouse gas emissions
To be eligible for assistance:
- you must be a registered owner of a residential property in the Northern Territory
- the property can be owner-occupied or used as an investment property
- works must include a labour component and be carried out by an eligible business that is not related to the homeowner.
The total value of the vouchers issued will be for no more than the maximum grant amount.
If you’re the owner of multiple properties, you can carry out improvement works to only one home.
If a property has more than one owner, only one person can apply under the scheme.
Other conditions may apply.
Check your eligibility and apply at:
Northern Territory Government website