The Home and Business Battery Scheme provides a $6,000 grant to Northern Territory homeowners, businesses, not-for-profit and community organisations for the purchase and installation of solar PV systems with an eligible battery and inverter, or for those who already have solar, for the purchase and installation of an eligible battery and inverter.
You can't use the funding to buy and install solar PV panels and inverters where they are not being installed simultaneously with a battery.
If you're a homeowner and also own a business, you can apply for one grant for your home and one for your business.
New installations will receive the standard Jacana Energy one-for-one feed-in-tariff.
- Lower electricity bills
- Protection during a grid outage
- Reduce greenhouse gas emissions
You can only submit one application per property and per homeowner.
You can apply if you're a:
- registered owner of a residential property in the Northern Territory
- registered Northern Territory business
- not-for-profit or community organisation operating in the Northern Territory in either owned or leased premises.
The property can be owner-occupied or used as an investment, but there can only be one application per property and per homeowner.
Other conditions may apply.
Check your eligibility and apply at:
Northern Territory Government website
Call 1800 193 111