Home, business and community organisation solar PV and battery grants
The Home and Business Battery Scheme provides grant assistance to Northern Territory households, businesses, not-for-profit and community organisations to buy and install:
- a solar PV with an eligible battery and inverter
- an eligible battery and inverter if a solar PV is already installed.
The minimum capacity for eligible batteries is 7 kWh.
Households and businesses will be able to purchase a battery to fit their needs with a grant of $450 per kWh of battery system capacity, up to a maximum grant of $6000.
The grant is available for battery systems that are on an approved list of battery systems that have been assessed as virtual power plant capable.
You can't use the funding to buy and install solar PV panels and inverters where they are not being installed simultaneously with a battery.
New installations will receive the standard Jacana Energy one-for-one feed-in-tariff.
You can apply for the grant if you are:
- a registered owner of a residential property in the Northern Territory
- a registered Northern Territory business
- a not-for-profit or community organisation operating in the Northern Territory in either owned or leased premises.
If you are a home owner and business owner, you can apply for one grant for your home and one for your business.
The property can be owner-occupied or used as an investment, but there can only be one application per property and per homeowner.
Other conditions may apply.
Administered by: Northern Territory Government
Website: Home and Business Battery Scheme
Phone: 1800 193 111