The Victorian Energy Upgrades program helps households and businesses save energy and money with a range of discounts and special offers on selected energy-saving products and services.
Discounts and special offers are only available from accredited providers as detailed on the Victorian Energy Upgrade products' pages.
The program can help you with the cost of purchasing:
- under floor insulation (insulation as an activity eligible for a rebate is currently under review and is not available through this program)
- weather-proofing strips, double-glazed windows, chimney dampers and vent covers
- energy-efficient fridges and freezers, and help with recycling the old fridge
- more energy-efficient heating and cooling
- hot water system upgrades
- energy and water-saving showerheads
- energy-efficient lighting
- energy-efficient TVs
- energy-efficient clothes dryers
- energy-saving pool pumps
- standby power controllers
- reduce your energy use and energy bills
- reduce your water use and water bills
- reduce greenhouse gas emissions
To be eligible for assistance, you must:
- purchase specified energy-saving products and services from participating businesses
- have the appliance or product professionally installed where required
- complete the relevant paperwork at the time of purchase
Victorian homeowners, renters, landlords and businesses are eligible for the discounts and special offers. If renting, check to see if you need your landlord's permission before making changes to your home.
Other conditions may apply.
Check your eligibility and apply at:
State Government of Victoria website
Call 136 186
Call 133 677 (National Relay Service) or visit www.relayservice.com.au if you have a hearing or speech impairment