The Tasmanian Government COVID-19 Small Business Energy Support Grant Program helps small businesses to reduce the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic, with one-off grants of $1000 to support eligible businesses with their energy costs.
The grants are also available for embedded network customers whose utilities are provided directly from a landlord or building owner like shops in a shopping centre, tenants in managed office accommodation or leaseholders at a business estate.
- Assistance with energy bills during the COVID-19 pandemic.
To be eligible you must:
- not have received the COVID-19 small business electricity, water and sewerage waiver from their utility provider for the first quarterly bill from 1 April 2020
- have greater than 1 and fewer than 20 Full Time Equivalent Staff (FTEs) as at 12 March 2020
- hold an Australian Business Number (ABN) – this ABN must be for the applicant business, have been active on or before 12 March 2020 and continues to be active
- be registered for GST
- have demonstrated an aggregated annual turnover of under $10 million (excluding GST)
- have submitted and lodged the most relevant activity Business Activity Statement (BAS) on time.
Applications for grants close on Monday 26 October 2020, unless all available funds are allocated before this date.
Other conditions may apply.
Check your eligibility and apply at:
Call 1800 440 026