The Victorian Environmental Upgrade Finance offers a free finance facilitation service to all businesses, property owners, tenants, councils and community groups seeking to invest in energy efficiency upgrades, renewable energy, water and waste efficiency improvements.
Entities can be assisted with Environmental Upgrade Finance (EUF). An EUF is an agreement between a property owner, a bank and local government that helps tenants and building owners pay for energy efficiency upgrades, renewable energy, water and waste efficiency improvements through their council rates.
- zero upfront capital and no additional security requirements
- competitive interest rates fixed for up to 10 years or more, with reduced re-financing risk
- improved cash flow, with lower annual repayments offset by energy cost savings
- option to share costs, delivering a better asset for the owner
- lower costs
- savings in energy, water and waste costs
- reductions in energy, water and waste use
- reduced greenhouse gas emissions
- improved working environment for tenant
To be eligible for an Environmental Upgrade Finance (EUF) you must be living within a participating council municipality. Not all councils offer EUF, to see if your council does check the map of participating councils.
Other conditions may apply.
Check your eligibility and apply at:
Victorian Government website
Call 03 8626 8732
mailtoMichael.Lambden [at] sustainability.vic.gov (Email)