The Appliance replacement offer provides eligible New South Wales households with discounts on new energy-efficient fridges and televisions to replace old inefficient models.
- 40% discount on the cost of a fridge
- 50% discount on the cost of a television
- reduce energy use, help the environment, save on energy bills
To be eligible for the discount you must:
- be a New South Wales resident
- hold one of the following valid concession cards*:
- Pensioner Concession Card from the Depart of Human Services
- Low Income Health Care Card from the Department of Human Services
- Health Care Card from the Department of Human Services
- Gold Card from the Department of Veterans’ Affairs
- own a fridge at least six years old
- own a plasma or older-style cathode ray tube (CRT) television
*Commonwealth Seniors Health Card holders are not eligible for this offer.
You cannot purchase more than one television and one fridge per household. Televisions are limited to a maximum size of 42 inches (107 centimetres).
If you can’t afford to pay the balance after the discount, you may be eligible to apply for a no interest loan through the No Interest Loan Scheme (NILS).
Other conditions may apply.
Check your eligibility and apply at:
- NSW Government website