Energy concession customers are eligible for the SA Concession Energy Discount Offer (SACEDO) with Origin Energy.
Concession customers can choose to take up this offer, which is available in addition to the energy concession.
The SACEDO includes:
- a guaranteed ongoing 21% off electricity usage and supply charges (Origin will provide customers 90 days' notice of any changes)
- flexible payment options
- no late payment, processing, paper bill, credit card or exit fees.
To be eligible for the SACEDO you must be an energy concession customer.
To become an energy concession customer you must:
- live at the property
- have an energy account in your name and be listed first on your energy bill
- hold an eligible concession card or receive an eligible Centrelink payment
- not be living with anyone who has an income of more than $3,000 per year, unless they either:
- get an allowance from Centrelink or the Department of Veterans' Affairs (DVA)
- are your spouse, domestic partner or dependent.
Other conditions may apply.
To assess whether the SACEDO is the best energy plan for your household, go to the Energy Made Easy website.
If you are an energy concession customer, you can apply for the SACEDO by phoning Origin on 1300 791 465.
To get more information or apply to become an energy concession customer, go to SA.GOV.AU.