Eligible small businesses in Tasmania can get help with their energy bills from 1 July 2023 through the Energy Bill Relief Fund. The Tasmanian Government is administering the bill relief.
How much you can get
You can get at total of $650 in bill relief rebates for your small business from 1 July 2023 if you meet the eligibility criteria.
Who can get it
You can get the bill relief if your small business:
- is based in Tasmania
- is on a separately metered business tariff with your electricity retailer
- had an annual electricity consumption below the threshold of 150 MWh in 2022-23.
Who can’t get it
You are not eligible for the small business relief if:
- you run your small business using electricity from your home
- your small business is on an embedded network
- your annual electricity consumption in 2022-23 was above the small business threshold of 150 MWh.
If you are in an embedded network
Small business customers on embedded networks are not eligible for bill relief.
When you will get it
If you are eligible, your electricity provider will automatically apply the bill relief to your electricity account from 1 July 2023, reducing the amount you owe on your next bill. You do not need to do anything.
Two rebates of $325 will be applied in the September and June quarter bills in 2023-24.
To find out more about how the bill relief works go to the Tasmanian Government website.
Contact your retailer directly for more information.