Eligible small businesses in South Australia can get help with their energy bills from 1 July 2023 through the Energy Bill Relief Fund. The Government of South Australia is administering the bill relief.
How much you can get
You can get $650 in bill relief for your small business in South Australia from 1 July 2023 if you meet the eligibility criteria.
Who can get it
You can get the bill relief if your small business:
- is based in South Australia
- is on a separately metered business tariff with your electricity retailer
- has an annual electricity consumption below the threshold of 160 MWh.
New businesses established during the 2023-24 financial year that meet the above criteria will be eligible for the energy bill relief. They will be backdated for any missing relief for which they were eligible.
Who can’t get it
You are not eligible for the small business relief if:
- you run your small business using electricity from your home
- your annual electricity consumption is above the small business threshold of 160 MWh.
If you are in an embedded network
Information regarding small businesses on embedded networks will be available soon.
When you will get it
If you are eligible, your electricity provider will automatically apply the bill relief to your electricity account from July 2023, reducing the amount you owe on your next bill. You do not need to do anything.
To find out more about how the bill relief works go to the SA Government website.
Administered by: Government of South Australia
Phone: ConcessionsSA Hotline (9:00 am to 5:00 pm, Monday to Friday) - 1800 307 758