The $250 Power Saving Bonus (PSB) is a one-off $250 payment to provide direct support to vulnerable Victorian households experiencing energy bill stress due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
The PSB will be available to over 900,000 eligible Victorian households from 1 February 2021 to 31 January 2022 and will be limited to 1 per eligible household.
- Purchase essential household items.
- Reduce your energy bills.
- Reduce your greenhouse gas emissions.
To be eligible to apply for the PSB you must:
- be a Victorian residential energy consumer (i.e. have a residential electricity account).
- receive one of the following concession benefits:
- Centrelink Pension Concession Card
- Job Seeker, Youth Allowance, Abstudy or Austudy
- Department of Veterans Affairs Pensioner Concession Card
- Department of Veterans Affairs Gold Card.
Holders of Health Care Cards who are not recipients of Youth allowance, JobSeeker, Austudy or Abstudy are not eligible.
Eligible households can apply on the Victorian Energy Compare website or through a participating community organisation.
If you are having trouble submitting an application, contact the email support team at email@example.com or phone 1800 000 VEC (832).