Eligible South Australians on low or fixed incomes can apply for help with the cost of energy bills for their principal place of residence.
The concession amount is indexed each financial year. For 2020/21, you may be eligible to receive up to $231.41 to cover energy payments, including fuels used to generate energy, e.g. LPG bottled gas and petrol.
To be eligible for the energy concession you must:
- live at the property
- have an energy account in your name and be listed first on your energy bill
- hold an eligible concession card or receive an eligible Centrelink payment
- not be living with anyone who has an income of more than $3,000 per year, unless they either:
- get an allowance from Centrelink or the Department of Veterans' Affairs (DVA)
- are your spouse, domestic partner or dependent.
Other conditions may apply.
To check your eligibility or apply for the energy concession, go to SA.GOV.AU.