Rebates and assistance


Electricity transfer fee waiver

Program name:
Electricity transfer fee waiver - Victoria


Eligible concession card holders living in Victoria can have a full waiver of the transfer fee that is charged by electricity retailers when account holders move house.

Key eligibility

To be eligible for the transfer fee waiver, the electricity account holder must have one of the following cards:

  • Pensioner Concession Card
  • Health Care Card
  • Veterans’ Affairs Gold Card.

Other conditions may apply.

Next steps

To check your eligibility for the concession, phone your electricity retailer.

For more information, go to the Victorian Department of Health and Human Services website.