Feed-in tariffs for renewable energy pay for excess electricity generated by small-scale solar photovoltaic (PV) or wind power systems. The amount paid varies between different retailers and can be compared using the Victorian Energy Compare website.
- receive payment for excess electricity generated and fed back into the electricity grid
- reduce your electricity bills
- reduce your greenhouse gas emissions
- reduce demand on the electricity grid
To receive a feed-in tariff a solar PV system must be:
- installed on a household or small business
- connected to the grid
Financial assistance to help with the cost of installing a small-scale solar system under the Australian Government’s Small-scale Renewable Energy Scheme (SRES) may also be available
Feed-in credits or payments you receive may have implications if you receive any Centrelink or other benefit payments, they may also be considered as assessable income by the Australian Taxation Office.
Other conditions may apply.
Check and compare available offers at:
Victorian Energy Compare website