Queensland concession card holders including pensioners, seniors and veterans may be eligible for 2 rebates to reduce their energy bills:
- Electricity Rebate—$340.85 per year (GST inclusive)
- Reticulated Natural Gas Rebate—$74.92 per year (GST inclusive).
The Electricity Rebate was first introduced to support pensioners, seniors, and veterans, and was extended to Health Care Card holders and asylum seekers in January 2017. Now, the rebate is provided to a range of people who need it most including Low Income Health Care Card holders.
Rebates are available to people who have any of the below:
- Queensland Seniors Card
- Services Australia Pensioner Concession Card
- Services Australia Health Care Card* (Electricity Rebate only)
- Department of Veterans’ Affairs Gold Card (and receive the War Widow/er Pension or special rate TPI Pension)
- Asylum seeker status—residents will need to provide their ImmiCard details (Electricity Rebate only).
* This includes holders of a Low Income Health Care Card and Ex-Carer Allowance (Child) Health Care Card.
Other conditions may apply.
To apply for the electricity and gas rebates, contact your electricity or gas retailer. You will need to provide certain details and have copies of your bills and concession card handy to verify your eligibility. Rebates are automatically deducted from your bill.
If you live in an apartment complex, residential park, retirement village or a granny flat, contact the person/organisation sending your electricity bill.
To check your eligibility or get more information on how to apply for the rebates, go to the Queensland Government website or call 13 QGOV (13 74 68).