The Business Energy Advice Program delivers advice to help eligible small businesses get better energy deals and reduce energy usage. The program provides 2 free services for small businesses:
Business Energy Advice
This service helps small businesses understand their energy savings opportunities, choose the best energy plan for their business, and receive tailored advice on energy efficiency opportunities best suited to their industry. This service is targeted at:
- small businesses with between 6 and 20 employees
- small businesses with 5 or fewer employees and have been adversely affected by drought.
If your business has more or fewer staff, you can still access helpful resources on www.businessenergyadvice.com.au.
You can register for a free Business Energy Advice consultation by calling 1300 415 224 or visiting businessenergyadvice.com.au.
Small Business Energy Check
This service uses an energy spend benchmarking tool that allows small businesses to compare their energy spend to that of similar businesses in their industry and region. This gives small businesses information on whether they are paying too much for their energy. It can be used on its own, or in conjunction with a Business Energy Advice consultation. The tool is tailored for small businesses with 20 or fewer staff.
- Reduce energy use and energy bills
- Improve energy efficiency
- Reduce greenhouse gas emissions
To be eligible for assistance, your business must:
- have 20 or fewer employees
- 5 or fewer employees and have been adversely affected by drought.
Other conditions may apply.
Check your eligibility and apply at:
Australian Government website