The Northern Territory government Smarter Business Solutions program helps Northern Territory Indigenous enterprises, businesses and not-for-profit organisations reduce day-to-day energy, water, waste and material costs.
The Smarter Business Solutions program offers different types of support including:
- advice on current efficient technologies and practices
- a walk-through site survey to identify potential savings opportunities
- grants to encourage and support cost savings or initiatives:
- up to 50% of the cost for efficiency improvements - maximum of $20,000
- up to 20% for the installation of off-grid renewable energy systems - maximum of $20,000
- up to 10% for the installation of on-grid renewable energy systems - maximum of $10,000*
*On-grid means 'connected to' or 'availability of' an electricity network.
To be eligible to apply for this rebate, your organisation must be an Indigenous enterprise, a Northern Territory business or a not-for-profit organisation and meet the following criteria:
- be physically located and actively trading in the Northern Territory for 12 months with an ABN and remitting GST
- have an annual turnover between $75,000 and $20 million
- not be on a domestic tariff if connected to an electricity grid
- have less than 200 employees
- have not received equivalent funding from a previous similar support program
- agree to participate in a follow-up evaluation survey including a savings assessment
- accept the terms of the Buy Local Plan as identified in the agreement section of the application
If you are a franchise or multinational business you should speak to a small business champion before you apply.
Other conditions may apply.
Check your eligibility and apply at:
- NT government smarter business solutions
- call 08 8999 5479