The Business Sustainability Program provides financial support for South Australian businesses and not-for-profit and other organisations to improve resource efficiency (including materials, energy, and water efficiency), waste management, and efficient production practices to reduce operating costs, boost productivity, and environmental performance.
There are 3 separate funding support programs.
Resource Efficiency and Productivity grants provide grants up to $10,000 in matched funding for businesses to complete a resource efficiency and productivity assessment. An additional $10,000 may be available to kick-start implementation of selected recommendations from the assessment.
Solid Waste Opportunities Program grants provide support to identify and implement strategies that reduce the amount of waste sent to landfill from businesses, not-for-profit organisations, tertiary education centres, and local and state government agencies.
Lead, Educate, Assist, Promote grants are available for business groups, industry associations and not-for-profit organisations to undertake projects that support industry to learn, build capacity, network and achieve sustainability objectives.
- reduce operating costs
- improve productivity
- improve environmental performance
- reduce greenhouse gas emissions
To be eligible for the program:
- applicants must be solvent, and able to enter into a legally binding funding agreement with the Government of South Australia
- hold a current Australian Business Number
- be registered for GST
- comply with all state government Laws
- not-for-profit organisations must be registered with an appropriate Australian and/or State-based authority as a legal entity
Other conditions may apply.
Check your eligibility and apply at:
Government of South Australia website
Call 0423 782 647
Complete the online Contact us form