The Victorian Agricultural Energy Investment Plan (AEIP) assists farmers to better manage energy costs through improved energy efficiency and purchasing new technologies including solar PV systems.
Under the AEIP eligible farms can access:
- free on-farm energy assessments to understand where energy improvements can be made
- on-farm energy grants for equipment to improve farm energy efficiency
- improve energy productivity
- reduce energy use and bills
- improve energy reliability
- support own-generation capacity
- reduce greenhouse gas emissions
To be eligible for the program you must meet all of the following criteria where you:
- are a primary producer with a site in Victoria that is one or more of the following:
- cultivating or propagating plants, fungi or their products or parts in any physical environment
- maintaining animals for the purpose of selling them or their bodily produce
- manufacturing dairy produce from raw material that they produce
- operating on-land aquaculture facilities
- have spent more than $8000 on energy costs (including diesel) in the 12 months prior to applying for an energy assessment
- are a registered business with an ABN
- meet your industrial relations obligations as an employer, in accordance with the National Employment Standards
- agree to participate in program evaluation activities.
You are not eligible to apply if you are:
- a primary producer engaged in forestry, on-sea aquaculture or fisheries
- an agriculture transport operator.
Other conditions may apply.
Check your eligibility and apply at:
Agriculture Victoria website
Call 13 61 86