National Energy Performance Strategy (NEPS): have your say
The Australian Government is set to make every kilowatt count with consultations open on the development of a National Energy Performance Strategy (NEPS).
We are working collaboratively with the state and territory governments on the development of NEPS. We also want to hear from households, business and industry to shape the direction of the strategy.
Whether you are in construction, resources, mining, defence, the digital economy, run a coffee shop, work for a non-government agency, a government agency, or are a researcher, we want to hear your views on energy issues including:
- energy efficiency targets
- residential, commercial and industrial sectors
- supply chains and the workforce.
The strategy will focus on:
- reducing pressure on energy bills
- improving energy reliability
- reducing emissions.
The government is investing $15.2 million to develop the Commonwealth-led strategy. NEPS will provide the framework for demand-side action to support efficient energy use and consider clear targets for better energy performance across the economy.
Analysis through the strategy will explore the potential impacts of improving energy performance on the health and welfare of Australians including low-income and disadvantaged households, First Nations people, and regional communities.
Your contribution will help develop a strategy that can:
- accelerate the improvement of energy performance across the economy
- lower energy costs for households, businesses, and industry
- reduce pressure on the energy system
- lower emissions to reach net zero emissions by 2050.
The National Energy Performance Strategy consultation is open until 3 February 2023.
Minister and Assistant Minister's joint media release announcing the NEPS consultation
Minister and Assistant Minister's joint media release announcing the development of NEPS
If you are keen to find out where you can save energy, see:
- for households: The Nationwide House Energy Rating Scheme (NatHERS) and Your Home
- for business: Energy management for business
- for industry: The Industrial Energy Tools.