Nominations are open for the Equality in Energy Transitions (Equality Initiative) 2022 Awards Program.
The Equality Initiative aims to:
- bring recognition to those advancing the transition to a low carbon economy
- advance women’s participation in clean energy and close the gender gap in the energy sector
- inspire and attract more women to careers in the sector
- support advancement into leadership positions
- connect women in clean energy around the globe.
Categories for the awards are:
- The Woman of Distinction Award. This recognises an exemplary woman working in the energy sector.
- The Organisational Leadership Award. This recognises an organisation that has taken actions to recruit, develop, and keep women within the clean energy sector.
- The Emerging Leader Award. This recognises an emerging individual who has shown to be an exceptional role model. They must also have shown outstanding promise to advance the role of women in the renewable energy sector.
To nominate someone, review the selection criteria for each award and follow the steps on the Equality in Energy Transitions website. Nominations close Thursday 14 July, 13:55 AEST.
The awards will be presented at the 13th Clean Energy Ministerial and 7th Mission Innovation Ministerial in Pittsburgh, USA, in September 2022.
For submissions, go to the Equality in Energy Transitions website.