Talk to your retailer
Your retailer may be able to:
- extend your bill’s due date
- allow you to make weekly or fortnightly payments.
- waive late fees
- check if you are on the most suitable energy plan
If you are a Centrelink customer, you can pay your energy bill direct from your Centrelink payment using a program called Centrepay.
Financial counsellors provide information, support and advocacy to people in financial difficulty.
The service is free, independent and confidential.
Phone 1800 007 007, 9.30am to 4pm, Monday to Friday.
The MoneySmart budget planner can also help with managing costs.
- you disagree with your retailer about your bill and can’t resolve the situation
- your retailer won’t agree to a flexible arrangement
- Australian Energy Regulator Australian Government